OSSO Indoor Volleyball 6s Tournament Rules
1. Cole Community Center Tournament Day Rules
- Persons under 21 years of age are not permitted to play. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Everyone entering must be in possession of proof that they are at least 21 years of age
- NO Pets Allowed!
- Parking is LIMITED! Please carpool
- No food or beverage allowed inside the gym. Food & Beverages are allowed in the lobby area directly outside the gym.
2. General Tournament Rules
- A team must have a minimum of 6 people registered and paid on the roster
- At least 6 players must be present to begin a match including 2 girls
- 2 Females must be on the court at all times
- Teams not ready at game time will forfeit that game
- Captains or designated players of each team will play rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first
- Roster must be set at least 30 minutes before first match
- A Member of a team may only play on one team during the day
- Each participant must have registered, paid online & signed the online waiver in order to play
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in forfeit or removal from the Event and grounds. Including but is not limited to:
- gestures and physical attacks directed toward players, referees, spectators, and/or officials
- If any member of your team is involved in a physical confrontation, your entire team will be disqualified
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by O.S.S.O
3. Scoring and Match rules
- Pool play matches are one game to 21, win by 2, max 25 (only have to win by 1 at 25).
- The method of scoring will be the rally system. (each time the ball hits the ground, someone scored)
- Teams are asked to leave their courts immediately following the end of their match
- The top 4 teams in each pool in round robin will move on to the tournament determined in the following order:
- Winner of the most matches in the pool
- Total point differential of all matches played
- Head to Head result
- If there is a tie after those three qualifiers, those two teams will play one play in game to 15 (win by 2)
- Single Elimination Tournament after pool play
- Teams will be seeded 1-8 based on the same qualifiers as above. If two teams tie for a certain seed, rock/paper/scissors will be used to determine the higher seed.
- Tournament Matches will be 45 minutes, best of 3 games (21, 21, 15)
4. Weather Policy
- The Tournament may be canceled because of weather if dangerous conditions arise.
- In case of cancellation, winner of the Tournament may be determined by OSSO Sports & Social representative
Calls made by the OSSO Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.