OSSO Sand Volleyball 2s Tournament Rules
1. LIGHTHOUSE Beach Bar Tournament Day Rules
- Persons under 21 years of age are not permitted to play. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Parking is LIMITED! Please carpool
- Plan ahead for a safe ride home if you plan to drink!
- No outside food or beverage allowed (EMPTY personal water containers OK)
- Food may be brought in
- Food Trucks May be available depending on day.
- Alcohol will be available to purchase on site
- NO TAILGATING
2. General Tournament Rules
- A team must have a minimum of 2 people registered and paid on the roster
- At least 2 players must be present to begin a match
- Teams not ready at game time will forfeit that game
- Captains or designated players of each team will either toss a coin, chug a beer, or rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first
- Roster must be set at least 30 minutes before first match
- A Member of a team may only play on one team during the day
- Each participant must have registered, paid online & signed the online waiver in order to play
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in forfeit or removal from the Event and grounds. Including but is not limited to:
- gestures and physical attacks directed toward players, referees, spectators, and/or officials
- If any member of your team is involved in a physical confrontation, your entire team will be disqualified
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by OSSO
3. Scoring and Match rules
- Pools are set randomly based on the total number of teams entered.
- Each team will get a minimum of 3 guaranteed games in pool play.
- Pool play matches are one game to 21, win by 2, max 25 (only have to win by 1 at 25).
- The method of scoring will be the rally system. (each time the ball hits the ground, someone scored)
- A Whistle will be used to time the matches.
- 1 Whistle starts the 1st game of the match.
- 2 Whistles will stop the match.
- If Whistles occur to stop the match while a game is in progress, the team ahead in points at that moment in time is the winner.
- If Whistles occur while the ball is in play, the result of that particular play will be counted if a point is scored.
- If Whistles occur when the game is tied, the game will continue ONLY until the next point is scored.
- Teams are asked to leave their courts immediately following the end of their match
- The top teams in each pool in round robin will move on to the tournament determined in the following order (number of teams advancing from each pool is determined by the total number of teams entered in the tournament:
- Winner of the most matches in the pool
- Total point differential of all matches played
- Head to Head result
- If there is a tie after those three qualifiers, those two teams will play one play in game to 15 (win by 2
- Single Elimination Tournament after pool play
- Tournament Matches will be 45 minutes, best of 3 games (21, 21, 15)
4. Weather Policy
- The Tournament may be canceled because of weather if dangerous conditions arise.
- In case of cancellation, winner of the Tournament may be determined by OSSO Sports & Social representative
5. Game Play Rules
- HAVE FUN!!!
- No more than 3 hits before returning
- A team may not open hand received any ball unless it is a hard driven ball (as determined by your ref), however as a general rule of thumb, a hard driven ball is an overhand swing on a ball, regardless of whether or not the opponent jumped
- No open handed dinks
- A Ball may go over on a pass, hit, roll shot or knuckle
- A player may push the ball over, so long as their shoulders are parallel with the net
- Spiking the serve is not allowed
- Ball Rotation will be allowed unless deemed a double touch by your ref
- A rotation error is when the ball over rotates after a set, again, it will not be called
- A player may not touch the ball 2 consecutive times unless directly after an opposing team member blocked their original touch
- A block does not count as a hit
- If the ball touches the out of bounds line it is considered in
- When the ball is returned, it must stay between the ends of the net
- A ball may be played with any part of the body
- Touching the net with any part of the body is a foul
- Teams must rotate after changing servers
- Teams will change servers after they have scored on an opponent’s serve
- If a set incidentally goes into the opponent’s court, that point will be handled as a do over.
- If fighting occurs, the team will be disqualified and required to leave the premises. Protesting will result in individual being disqualified and required to leave premises
Calls made by the OSSO Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.