OSSO Social Kickball Cheat Sheet
Please refer to Kickball 365 Rulebook for any other specific rules. Please be aware of the definition of a strike on page 19.
TIME LIMITS (Section 4.2.1)
- 7 innings or 50 minutes.
- Completing a set number of innings/ time limit ends a game.
- Mercy rule is in effect if there is a ten (10) run difference at the end of the 5th inning, or any inning after at the request of the losing team.
Team Lineups (Section 7.3)
- 3 players of the same sex cannot kick consecutively until all other players of the sex in the minority have kicked. (ex: M,M,F,M,M,F… until all Females have kicked)
- Team’s Fielding Lineup can contain a maximum of eleven (11) Players
PITCHING STYLE (Section 8.2)
- Pitch has to bounce a minimum of three times or roll before crossing the plate.
- The ball must be pitched underhand.
- Bouncing is allowed.
KICKING / BUNTING RULES (Section 8.12)
- Any ball that is kicked, if the catcher chooses to field the ball before it reaches the 1st-3rd base line or if it stops short of the line and the catcher touches it, the ball is considered foul at that point. If any other fielder touches the ball before that line, it is considered fair and in play
OSSO SOCIAL KICKBALL LEAGUE SPECIFIC RULES
- Infield Fly Rule is enforced! Any fly ball within the infield with significant arc and deemed an “easy catch”, with less than 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd or 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the batter is automatically out and runners can advance, BUT at their own risk.
- Any other league specific rules that were not addressed in this cheat sheet will be subject to League Manager’s “Spirit of the League” ruling and will be determined with fairness, player safety & fun in mind.