OSSO Sand Volleyball 6s Tournament Rules
1. LIGHTHOUSE Beach Bar Tournament Day Rules
- Persons under 21 years of age are not permitted to play. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Everyone entering must be in possession of proof that they are at least 21 years of age
- NO Pets or Children Allowed!
- Parking is LIMITED! Please carpool
- Plan ahead for a safe ride home if you plan to drink!
- No outside food or beverage allowed
- Food Trucks will be on site
- Alcohol will be available to purchase on site
- NO TAILGATING
2. General Tournament Rules
- A team must have a minimum of 6 people registered and paid on the roster
- At least 6 players must be present to begin a match including 2 girls
- 2 Females must be on the court at all times
- Teams not ready at game time will forfeit that game
- Captains or designated players of each team will either toss a coin, chug a beer, or rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first
- Roster must be set at least 30 minutes before first match
- Member of a team may only play on one team during the day
- Each participant must have registered, paid online & signed the online waiver in order to play
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in forfeit or removal from the Event and grounds. Including but is not limited to:
- gestures and physical attacks directed toward players, referees, spectators, and/or officials
- If any member of your team is involved in a physical confrontation, your entire team will be disqualified
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by O.S.S.O
3. Scoring and Match rules
- 4 co-ed teams play on the same court, 3 matches each, weather permitting. Top team from each court advances to Playoff Round.
- Round robin matches are for 30 minutes or the best of 3 sets
- The first 2 sets will go to 15 and the 3rd set will go to 11, all must be won by 2
- The method of scoring will be the rally system. (each time the ball hits the ground, someone scored)
- An air horn will be used to time the matches.
- 1 blast of the horn starts the 1st game of the match.
- 2 blasts of the horn will stop the match.
- If 2 blasts of the horn occur to stop the match while a game is in progress, the team ahead in points at that moment in time is the winner.
- If 2 blasts of the horn occur while the ball is in play, the result of that particular play will be counted if a point is scored.
- If 2 blasts of the horn occur when the game is tied, the game will continue ONLY until the next point is scored.
- Teams are asked to leave their courts immediately following the end of their match
- There will be one winner from each court in round robin play determined in the following order:
- Winner of the most matches on the court
- Total point differential of all matches played
- If there is not a clear winner, it’ll be a FLIPCUP match (best of 3, 6 players/team)
- Single Elimination Tournament after pool play
- Tournament Matches will be 45 minutes, best of 3 games (21, 21, 15)
4. Weather Policy
- The Tournament may be canceled because of weather if dangerous conditions arise.
- In case of cancellation, winner of the Tournament may be determined by OSSO Sports & Social representative
5. Game Play Rules
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Each team must have at least 6 players & 2 girls on the court at all times
- No more than 3 hits before returning
- Spiking the serve is not allowed
- Lifts will be allowed unless deemed excessive
- A lift is when the ball sits in your hands for too long, almost as if you caught it
- Don’t catch it and throw it
- There will be no rotation errors called
- A rotation error is when the ball over rotates after a set, again, it will not be called
- A player may not touch the ball 2 consecutive times unless directly after an opposing team member blocked their original touch
- A block does not count as a hit
- If the ball touches the out of bounds line it is considered in
- When the ball is returned, it must stay between the ends of the net
- A ball may be played with any part of the body
- Touching the net with any part of the body is a foul
- Teams must rotate after changing servers
- Teams will change servers after they have scored on an opponent’s serve
- If fighting occurs, the team will be disqualified and required to leave the premises. Protesting will result in individual being disqualified and required to leave premises
Calls made by the OSSO Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.