OSSO Social Sand Volleyball 4s Rules
General League Rules and Information:
- A team must have a minimum of 6 people on the roster (Less than 6 could result in placement of a free agent on the team!)
- In case of severe weather, official word about cancellation will be emailed/texted between 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm
- Teams must use the designated balls provided by OSSO
- At least 4 players must be present to begin a match including 1 female. Only players registered on your team may play for a game to count!
- Roster checks may be enforced at any time, if your team is playing with a sub, your game will be an automatic forfeit. (You are allowed to still play the game and enjoy the court for your allotted time slot, but it will count as a loss in your overall standings!)
- If a team is more than 10 minutes late that team will forfeit that match, but may still play in their allotted time slot for fun (and may have to buy beers for the other team)
- Captains or designated players of each team will rock/paper/scissors to decide which team serves first.
- All players must be wearing their designated OSSO team shirts/tank tops, or have them present during game time.
Scoring and Match Rules:
- Each match will be the best of 3 sets
- Rally scoring will be used. (A point is earned each time the ball touches the ground)
- All games are self-reffed, and scores will be kept by the competing teams. Teams will report their scores to the lifeguard or they will be recorded as a 1-1 draw.
- The first 2 sets will go to 21 and the 3rd set will go to 15, all must be won by 2
- Time will be called after the 45 minute time slot is up. Play will continue until a team is up by 2 and that team will be declared the winner of the match.
Game Play Rules:
- HAVE FUN!!!
- Each team must have 1 female on the court at all times, otherwise the team without the female forfeits,
- No more than 3 hits before returning
- When it’s 2 hits or less and over, any combination of players may hit the ball
- In any 3 hit combination, a female is required to be at least one of those touches or a point is awarded to the other team
- Blocking or attacking the serve is not allowed.
- Attacking the serve is when, on the first contact from a serve, a player’s feet leave the ground and they use one or two hands above their shoulders to hit the ball at a downward driven angle back over the net.
- Breaking the plane of the net is not allowed unless blocking.
- Breaking the plane of the net is interfering with the opponents second or third contact of the ball before the player has had the chance to touch/return the ball.
- Lifts will be allowed unless deemed excessive
- A lift is when the ball sits in your hands for too long, almost as if you caught it
- Don’t catch it and throw it
- A player may not touch the ball 2 consecutive times unless directly after an opposing team member blocked their original touch
- A block does not count as a touch
- If the ball touches the out of bounds line it is considered in
- When the ball is returned, it must stay between the antennas.
- An incidental or minor touch of the net will not be called, unless deemed excessive
- Interfering with players under the net is not allowed.
- Landing under the net without interfering with another player is okay.
- Teams must rotate servers. All players on the court must serve in rotation.
- Teams will change servers after they have scored on an opponent’s serve
- Throughout the course of the match should any disagreements regarding a play arise, teams will agree to replay the point.
- Teams will rotate their players in and out of the game in a set order as each player must serve and get equal playing time.
- During player rotation, one player exits the court as one player enters.
- ONLY rostered players may play in playoffs. We are aware that EVERYONE thinks their team’s roster situation deserves an exception just this one time. Don’t do it. You will get caught, you’ll forfeit, you’ll be mad & it ruins the night for your team & your opponents. Play your match for fun & may the best team of legally rostered players win the Championship.
- Teams must have at least 4 players on the court at all times in the playoffs, including 1 female.
- Teams may play for fun, but the non-forfeiting team will move on in the playoffs
Calls made by the OSSO Referee are final! There might be a questionable call from time to time. Relax, you’ll live.
Pearl Beach – Tulsa is a completely 21+ facility. Children are not allowed in the facility.